Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Charles Kenyon

Default Auto Correct -- wants to double space

If they pop up for AutoCorrect, they are enabled.
Tools Options View
Screentips

They don't pop up until what you type is unique among your entries.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"*((({" wrote in message
Thanks. I didn't know about F3. I think I have tooltips enabled --
they pop up when for AutoCorrect. But I don't see them for AutoText.
I just looked around, and can't find the setting to enable tool tips
in Word 2000. Where is it hiding?

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:02:41 -0600,
"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Learn styles first. Believe me, it is more important to you.

Save a caption as AutoText and give it a meaningful name. I would suggest
"pl_cap" since that is something not likely to be typed except when you
want
this. If you have tooltips enabled, Word will tell you that you are typing
this. If this happens, press Enter to accept the entire entry. Otherwise,
once you've typed the name, press the F3 key and it will insert the
caption.

If you have your caption appropriately saved using styles, it will insert
for you as you wish.