Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Word adds blank page when "different odd and even" selected.

Check your section breaks. By the sound of it one of them has been changed
from 'next page' to 'next even' or 'next odd'.

"Anne" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a 8 page document set up as a book fold. The pages are setup as
follows:

1/8 = Cover page (+section break)
2/8 = Inside Cover (+section break)
3/8 = Table of Contents (+section break)
4/8 = Chapter 1 start (+Page Break)
5/8 = Chapter 2 start (+Page Break)
6/8 = Chapter 3 start (+Page Break)
7/8 = Chapter 4 start (+section break)
8/8 = Back Cover

When I try to change the page setup of Chapter 1 and tick "Different odd
and
even" for the page headers and footers all of the sudden word puts in an
extra blank page which can only be seen in print preview. The status bar
now
reads 1/9 instead of 1/8.

This has been driving me bonkers. How do I fix this?

Anne.