Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word adds blank page when "different odd and even" selected.

Word wants odd-numbered pages to have an odd page header (which makes
sense); that's why it adds the filler page.

If you clear the "Different odd and even" option, you can restart page
numbering without getting an extra page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anne" wrote in message
Ok. I believe I have found the problem.

If I try to start the numbering of an even page with an odd number

(1 for
example) then word will insert a blank page.

So to get around it I have intentionally added a blank page when I

want to
do this.

Thanks for all the help.