Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word adds blank page when "different odd and even" selected.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Word wants odd-numbered pages to have an odd page header (which

makes
sense); that's why it adds the filler page.

If you clear the "Different odd and even" option, you can restart

page
numbering without getting an extra page.

You would also have to clear the "Mirror margins" to make this work.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anne" wrote in message
Ok. I believe I have found the problem.

If I try to start the numbering of an even page with an odd number

(1 for
example) then word will insert a blank page.

So to get around it I have intentionally added a blank page when I

want to
do this.

Thanks for all the help.