Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Removing Added Toolbars

Acrobat 8 doesn't use template add-ins so if you have them they are from an
earlier version. The COM add-ins in Acrobat 8 are selectable from the
applications setup - run 'change' Acrobat 8 setup from the Windows Add or
Remove programs applet.

Ramez wrote:
Hi Bob, Graham,

Thanks for reply. In fact, I did all what u said here before but
couldn't help. Only removing all of the components in Adobe suite and
cleaning redundant files from registry could get rid off the
bothering Acrobat 8 toolbars from Word and Outlook.
It is the "upgrading" that makes the problems. I faced same conflicts
when upgrading from Acrobat 6 to 7, and recently to 8. I recommend
users only to remove previous versions and not do the upgrading from
previous version. I could also find duplicated files that reduced the
hard disk space.
Now I have the Adobe menus without the bothering toolbar.

But, I still have the problem with that EndNote (version 10). It is
still showing its toolbar in Word (and Outlook as Word is editor
there). Removing its template will remove the tool entirly from the
menu. Only going back to add the Add-ins Template will solve the
problem and I'll get my tool back.

Gratefully,

Ramez

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Ramez

Ramez wrote:
I'm using Word 2003 Prof SP2. Recently, downloaded Acrobat 8 and
another software (EndNote) both created automatic toolbars in my
Word. No indicated way in Help files or this Discussion Group could
remove it permanently for me. I could only remove it by deleting
the related templated/start-up files , that will remove it entirly
and I'll even lose it and need to recover deleted
templates/start-up files -or even going through more complicated
restoring process- to be able to use it when need its functions
-occasionally.
Is there any effective way to remove only the bothering toolbar
from Word but keeping the tool itself in Tools or wherever?

have you tried unchecking both entries in Tools | Templates and
Add-Ins?

HTH
Robert
--