Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default applyng a multiple header row across pages in default table style

OK, that is good news. However, my point was that a table style cannot apply
the "Repeat as heading row..." setting *automatically* to more than the
first row.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Based on what I have read (and my experimentation), if you define
formatting for a heading row, apply the table style, and then select two
rows as heading rows, the heading row formatting will be applied to both.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
1. Use the Modify Style dialog box to modify a table style in Word. The
exact steps depend on your version of Word.

2. As far as I know, this is not possible in Word. The best you can do
with table styles is set the *first* row as a heading row. There are
other methods that can be used, such as AutoText (building blocks) or
macros.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"noa" wrote in message
Hello,

I want to set up the default table format on an RTF document that will
take
the fist 2 rows in my table and repeat them as a header on all the pages
the
table extends to.

so I need to know 2 things
1. how do i edit the default table style
2. is it possible to set the first 2 rows as the header.

the data in my table is generated automatically and I don't know in
advance
how big it will be.

thank you