Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Danno Danno is offline

Default how do I control page numbers in a section break?

Good day. I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP Pro. I consider myself an
average user of Word, but I am having trouble with getting page numbers to
work in a two section scenario.

The document contains 50 pages. The document will be printed on both sides
of 8.5 x 11 paper. The first page is a cover page. The second page or the
back of the first page is marked as intentionally blank. I want the page
numbers to start on the thrid page starting with the number 1. I have tried
inserting the page number into the footer starting at 3, I have tried using a
section break after page 2 and inserting the page number into the footer of
page 3 starting a 1.

So far, I can only get the page number to show as page 1 at the bottom of
the third page. This is correct, however, the fourth page and the remainder
of the document show no page numbers. I then inserted a page number into the
footer of the fourth page. This made the page numbers show on the entire
document, but the second page also shows a page number of 1.

I have read the help file, looked in the on-line database, but I am still
missing something. Can someone please let me know the secret to make this
work?

Thanks, in advance, Danno...