Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Return Address printing on envelopes

I regret I cannot replicate this problem.

Kim wrote:
Yes it is the same as I always printed them before.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Do you have the envelope feed setting correct in the envelope dialog?

Kim wrote:
I added it to a document and have the envelope size set to DL as
usual. But when I print it prints far to the left of the envelope
and cuts off most of the return address. Margins are set to auto
for the return and delivery address.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you add the envelope to a document, does the envelope document
display the return address?
Check the format or the Envelope Return paragraph style. Is it
formatted as hidden or white or anything other than black? Did you
checkout the links I posted?
I can't reproduce the problem here.

Kim wrote:
In 2003 I could just open a word document and go to envelope which
was set to DL with my return address default already setup. Then
type in address or use the address book and print. In 2007 I do
the same thing and the default return address is showing but
doesn't print on the envelope. No I do not have the omit box
checked. This is not mail merge. I see in mail merge you have to
setup the envelope and save it as a main document.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the envelope function per se, but you
have not given enough information to even guess at what might be
wrong. Is this a mail merge - given that this is a mailmerge
forum? See if the envelope templates at
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm work and see if
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm helps identify
your formatting issue.

Kim wrote:
Have just upgraded to Office 2007 and for some reason when I
print envelopes with a return address default, the address is
not printing on the envelope. Is this a bug in the new version?