Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 - Style changes reverting back in a template

Since you have to Save As, something is apparently preventing you from
saving the original template file correctly. Do you get an error message or
warning of some kind?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mariel9898" wrote in message
I am opening the actual tempalte (.dotx) and making the changes.

This is the way it used to done in Word 2003 - I've been doing it for
years
with no problems. It's a huge problem in Word 2007.

By the way I found a workaround (and I generally hate workarounds but
sometimes you have to get stuff done). If I save the template with a
different name it seems to keep the changes.

Whoever at MS thought this was easier to use should have their head
examined.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

How are you changing the style? If you open the template as a document
and
modify the style directly, that should work.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mariel9898" wrote in message
news
I have a Word 2007 template (.dotx) where I am trying to change a style.
make the changes, update the style and save the template document, but
then
when I go to start a new document the style is the old one. When I
reopen
the
template, the style has reverted back to the original.

What am I doing wrong?

.