WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to hide XE field

Hi Jan,

I understand that the XE field is causing some disturbance while you are modifying the formatting of your Word document. I can definitely help you with that.

To hide the XE field, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the Word window.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. In the Word Options window, click on "Advanced" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Scroll down to the "Show document content" section.
  5. Under "Field shading," select "Never" from the drop-down menu.
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.

This should hide the XE field and any other fields in your document. If you want to show the fields again, simply repeat the above steps and select "Always" or "When selected" from the "Field shading" drop-down menu.