Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul_pixel Paul_pixel is offline

Default You receive a "Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt" error message when you open a document in Word 2003

Just another one on this, as Jezebel didn't read my post correctly and
then the post was closed.
I have a fully patched Office 2003 install with Service Pack 2.
Everything - all patches. Everything.

I still have to do this registry changes..... so back to my original
post before it was closed:

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on why Office 2003 SP2 has
not corrected this fix for this error (info taken from old message):

See the following KB article:
You receive a "Word was unable to read this document. It may be
corrupt" error message when you open a document in Word 2003
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

The registry fix works great, and I am able to open new documents, but
I have had to do this reg change on a fully patched office 2003
install (and am looking at having to do a hell of a lot more!)

Any help would be much appreciated,

Paul