Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnTheTemp JohnTheTemp is offline

Default Stubborn style applied to graphic

Bon Jour,

OS: Win XP
Word: 2003

i'm working on a document that someone else created. It contains pictures
inserted inline in its own paragraph immediately after a caption. The caption
has its own style "Photo Captions".

That style was set to create a "Photo Captions" style afterwards so, not
surprisingly, the paragraph with the graphic was set to "Photo Captions"
style. But this is a problem because the Table of Figures is based on the
"Photo Captions" style. The picture shows up as part of the Table of Figures.

So I highlighted the picture and its paragraph marker and selected the
"Normal" style. But the graphic continued as a "Photo Captions" style.

Thinking the document might be corrupted, I pulled the body of the document
(minus the last paragraph marker) into a new document and the problem
persisted. I then brought just one picture/paragraph into a fresh document
and the problem persisted.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance.

--