This has no effect on the list shown in My Recent Documents (on the Places
Bar), which I suspect is what the OP was asking about. Or he could be asking
about document markup.

"Si-Qing Chen [MSFT]" wrote in
message news
If you refer to the display of the history of recently used files, here

are
the two steps to clear it:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
2. Clear the Recently used file list check

Si-Qing

rights.

"Lhtphoto" wrote:

How do I go about preventing the word document history from appearing

when
word is opened?