garfield-n-odie

When you close the header/footer, the header/footer text will appear to
be gray in Print Layout view, but it should print correctly.

Peter wrote:

Thank you Suzanne

...but that's the whole problem That is exactly what I did, but I wanted
normal black for the fiirst page and grey for the rest.

When I look at the first page header before closing it is black, but as soon
as I close the Header and Footer both first page and subsequent pages take
the grey colour and the fist page heade is no longer black.

Something is obviously wrong but I can't see what.

Thanks

peter

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" escreveu na mensagem

When you check the box for "Different first page," you get two entirely
separate headers, the First Page Header and the Header (you will need to
have at least two pages in your document to see this). Create the text you
want in the First Page Header, then copy/paste it into the Header (or vice
versa). Make the required changes in font size and color.

so
all may benefit.

"Peter" wrote in message

Word 2002

There is a Page Setup option in Headers and Footers and a box that you
can
check for 'Different first page'

I want the Header in the first page to be larger size and bolder, and all
subsequent pages to have the same info but smaller type and light grey
colour.

How do you use the 'Different first page' option to do that?

Thank you