Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Impossible to post questions or replies

I will not be lectured at _again_ for using google groups. I don't
know that there's anything I'd want to do that it doesn't do, and I
don't see what's "inefficient" about it.

On Jul 20, 6:03 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I'm rather surprised, given how much you post, that you are using Google
Groups at all. I should think you would find it more efficient to use a
newsreader such as Outlook Express. If you did so, you could define a
signature for NG posts and set the display name as you choose. Seehttp://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htmfor instructions if you're interested.

"grammatim" wrote in message

In no other newsgroup is my email name (grammatim) given as my poster
name; in all other newsgroups, my poster name is my real name, the one
I sign in to google groups with on the unpredictable occasions when it
demands that I do so.

I don't have a .sig on my postings, both because I don't like posting
unnecessary lines and because I don't know how to.

On Jul 20, 1:05 pm, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
Usually when you're posting here in the Word group your messages do not
contain a signature block at the end of your postings, as in
this case (below).

It's not uncommon for folks here to use an alias for their name, and/or
email address. Are you asking about using the web interface
at Google group and on how to change this group to show your name, or for
the other groups to no longer show your name?

"grammatim" wrote in
I've no idea why google groups decided to identify me here by my email
name instead of my signature; it doesn't do that for any other of my
five newsgroups.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP