Default Linking Fig #s from Doc A to Doc B

Headings and captions are bookmarked automatically. Try it. Apply a heading
style in your document, then open Insert | Hyperlink and click on Bookmarks.
You'll see your heading listed.

"MacGyverS2000" wrote in message
Thanks, Shauna... I did come across the bookmark option, but it was a last
resort. To do so, I would have to bookmark every heading/subheading,

every
figure, every table, etc., and that alone is a lot or work (1,000+ page
manual). I may consider the hyperlink idea a little more closely

(assuming I
can force it to not underline the links and look like normal text).

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi MacGyverS2000

Create a bookmark to surround the caption.

You then have two options for referring to that bookmark:

1. Use an INCLUDETEXT field as described at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...Q.htm#PgOverDc. That
example is referring to a page number, but the same principle applies.

2. Insert Hyperlink. Type something appropriate in the Text to display
box. In the Address box type the document name, then click the Bookmark
button and choose your bookmark.

Hope this helps.