Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Almost there...new way of numbering?

Blank TOC entries usually occur as a result of having empty paragraphs or
manual page breaks formatted with a heading style. Display nonprinting
characters (Ctrl+*) and make sure that you don't have an empty Heading x
paragraph before any heading. If you have manual page breaks, you can solve
the problem by deleting them and formatting the headings as "Page break
before" (Format | Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks). If there is a heading
level that is always preceded by a page break, add that formatting to the
heading style.

"Iragalam" wrote in message
Yeah sorry about that. By blank spots I meant blank TOC entires. It

seems
like I can either have numbering in my document and a terrible TOC or have

no
numbering but a correct TOC.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you clarify "a ton of blank spots"? If what you mean is that there's

too
much space between the number and the text, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm. If you have

blank
TOC entries, then that's another story.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Iragalam" wrote in message
I am able to insert different files using conditional IF statements.
Everything including the TOC works great until I try to add outline

numbers
to the document. When numbering is added the TOC hates it, and

includes a
ton of blank spots.

If you have seen this and know how to fix the numbering it would help

me a
lot.
Thanks