Herb Tyson [MVP]

It sounds like corruption in Normal.dot or the registry. I'd take a look at
the suggestions here to see if any resolve your problem:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"OrphicRose" wrote in message
I was using this function just fine a couple of weeks ago. Now when I go
"insert" on the toolbar in WORD, and try to insert a symbol the program
crashes and says it must shut down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
the
program with no fix to this problem. If I try to insert a picture it
still
works fine, so it is only the insert symbols that causes this crash.
HELP!!!