Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Henk57[_104_] Henk57[_104_] is offline

Default Aligning figures to bottom of page, WITH working bookmarks

1. I don't claim this Picture style trick as mine :-) But frankly I
think not many people are aware of this possibility. FWIW, I also have
a "Text-in-Frame" style, but found that it is better to split them into
three TiF_Start, TiF_Middle, TiF_Closure. This allows for different
spacing IN the frame as well as preceding and following the boxed text.

2. Thanks for your comments on the FP7 eBook. I just wanted to show
the OP (and others interested) that a professional-looking TOC can be
compiled with Word.
I read John's article and fully agree for "normal" loose-leafed books
when it comes to replacing individual pages. But this is an eBook. The
page-numbering by chapter is chosen because of the frequent updates and
extensions (the book is subscription based with additions). In this way
the chapters that are not changed dont have to be printed again which
otherwise obviously wld be required. As this has nothing to do with
the original post, nor with Word directly I will sent you a mail with
some further remarks.

Robert M. Franz (RMF);2426628 Wrote:
Henk57 wrote:
[..]-
www.eurebooks.eu/downloads/information -

_By the way_: folio by chapter is so last millennium typesetting ...
;-)

John McGhie has probably written about this issue in the NG often
enough
to prepare the following article:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm

Greetings