Peter Jamieson

You can use VBA in merges if you are using Word 2002/2003 by using the
Mailmerge events, which give you the opportunity to modify the mail merge
main document before each record is merged, and so on. For example, suppose
your Mail merge Main document has adocvariable field called

{ DOCVARIABLE myvalue }

then you can do all your if..then..else stuff in VBA in the appropriate
event handler and simply set the document variable "myvalue" to the result
you want.

Peter Jamieson

"zSplash" zNOSPAMSplash@ gci.net wrote in message
How do I code multi-else's using mail merge? Example: I want whatever is
City to be Ucase, but evidently I can't use VBA code in mail merges, so I
can figure out how to make Seattle capitalized if City = Seattle, but how
do
I add other cities? I have tried, but only get City instead of TUCSON:

{IF {MERGEFIELD City}= Seattle "SEATTLE" {IF{MERGEFIELD City} = Tucson
"TUCSON"} ""}

If City one of my "defined" cities, can I just merge, and let the
field
stop and let the user manually type in (capitalized) City?

I hope my question is clear. TIA.