To clarify further:

1. For the headings in your document, you use the built-in (or custom)
heading styles: Heading 1, Heading 2, etc. You can modify these styles to
look any way you want. If you want them to be all caps, you can apply the
All Caps property, but be careful when typing the headings because the TOC,
if U&lc, will reflect the way you actually typed the title: for example, if
you typed "Dental assistance CHART CODe =4b," then that's what you'll get in
the TOC, even though you see DENTAL ASSISTANCE CHART CODE =4B" in the
document.

2. The TOC automatically uses TOC styles to pick up your headings, TOC 1 for
Heading 1 (or whatever custom style you have assigned Level 1 to), TOC 2 for
Heading 2, etc. You can modify each TOC style to look any way you like, but
it will pick up any direct font formatting you have applied to the heading.
So if your Heading 1 style is 16 pt Arial Bold, All Caps, and you have
applied italic to some words and have (as mentioned above) typed some
letters with Caps Lock on or the Shift key depressed, that formatting will
be reflected in the TOC entry.

"thelisha" wrote in message
Hello,
I did use the TOC style to choose my fonts, which is why I am confused

that
all of my TOC entries are not showing up as I defined them when I created

the
TOC. I guess I should have clarified though, that it isn't necessarily the
font, but some words are capitalized or lowercased and others look to be
bolded in the TOC. For instance -one of my TOC entries looks like this:
Dental assistance CHART CODe =4b. When it should look like this Dental
Assistance Chart Code =4B. That is what I was trying to say but I must not
have explained myself well. So I don't know what else to do to get this to
work correctly. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks
Thelisha