Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Add-ins tab disappears after reopening a previously saved docx

Hi Johnm,

To add one item to Cindy's reply.
I wasn't able to repro using your steps in the 2007 Trial version.
You may want to go to the Word Options area Trust Center (Alt,T,O,T), and in the Trust Center Settings see if your toolbar and
Add-In tab appear if you disable all application Add-Ins, restart Word and then open your document.

============
"Johnm" wrote in message ...
This is the scenario and steps to reproduce:

We have existing Word 2003 templates that have custom toolbar items assigned
to macros embedded in the template.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a new document off of either a .dot or .dotm template in Office
2007 compatibility mode that has a custom toolbar

2) At this point the newly created document should have the custom toolbar
under the Add-Ins tab

3) Save the document in .docm format still maintaining compatibility mode

4) At this point the newly created document should still have the custom
toolbar under the Add-Ins tab

5) Close the document

6) Reopen the document and the Add-Ins tab (along with the custom toolbar)
is no longer there. I can see the Add-Ins tab for a split second when
opening the document, but, it quickly disappears.

These are the steps involved.

Thanks.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)