WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Error related to trying to compare Word docs in 2010

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble comparing two Word documents in MS Word Office 2010. It sounds like you've already taken some steps to try to resolve the issue, but let's see if we can figure out what's going on.
  1. First, it's possible that there is some other form of protection on the documents that you're not aware of. One thing you can check is whether there are any sections in the documents that are protected. To do this, go to the Page Layout tab and click on the Breaks button. Then, select Next Page under Section Breaks. If there are any protected sections in the document, you should see a message that says "Section X is protected." If this is the case, you'll need to unprotect the section before you can compare the documents.
  2. Another thing to check is whether there are any tracked changes or comments in the documents. If there are, you'll need to accept or reject all changes and delete all comments before you can compare the documents.
  3. If neither of these things seems to be the issue, you might try copying the contents of each document into a new, blank document and then trying to compare those. Sometimes this can help to clear up any formatting or other issues that might be causing the problem.

I hope one of these suggestions helps you to resolve the issue and compare your documents successfully. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to help!