Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Bookmarks disappear after merge

I cannot use "fillin" and "ref" because the entire top of the screen
disappears after the merge (no toolbars or menus, just a grey area - I
think
there must be something corrupted in the document but it cannot be retyped
at
this point).

If these merges are being run by automating Word, I've read that you may
need to issue .Activate on the Window (and possibly set .Visible to True -
the ssequence may be significant).

Peter Jamieson
"Michelle" wrote in message
news
Is there any way to put bookmarks in a document that then gets merged?
They
disappear after the merge.

I have several fields where the user needs to input data and those fields
are repeated over and over in the document.