Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
g collins g collins is offline

Default Merging Email - option not available

Yes - I created the document, selected the email recipient from a data file
imported from excel file, basically followed through all the steps from the
"Answer Box" article "Send email messages to a group using mail merge in Word",
and "sent" the email. It never arrived.

| When you say a test email, do you mean using Send from the File menu in
| Word?
|
| --
| Hope this helps.
|
| Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
| services on a paid consulting basis.
|
| Doug Robbins - Word MVP
|
| "g collins" wrote in message
| Thank you.
|
| I did do that and got the email option to reveal, created a test email,
| and made
| several attempts to send the message to myself. Unfortunately, I never
| received
| it, so that's another issue that I need to resolve. Any suggestions as to
| what I
| try next?
|
| Appreciate your help..
|

| "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message
| | See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm
| |
| | --
| | Hope this helps.
| |
| | Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
| | services on a paid consulting basis.
| |
| | Doug Robbins - Word MVP
| |
| | "g collins" wrote in message
| | I am trying to use merge to email using Outlook Express 6 and Word 2003
| | following how to on Answer Box but the option to merge to email not
| | available in
| | Word. Found instructions on editing the registry to accomplish this
| but
| | when I
| | tried to import the file created on notepad, it said it was not a
| registry
| | file
| | despite the fact that I saved it with the .reg extension.
| |
| | Thanks for any advice on the subject.
| |
| |