Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merging Email - option not available

OK, so know we know that sending an email from Word is working. Try sending
a test mailmerge message with the Mail format box set to Plain text.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"g collins" wrote in message
Sorry - Yes, I did just send a test email to myself by filling in the
address
from FileSend and the message arrived as I had created it.

| The purpose of asking you to try using FileSend was just to test if a
| message was then sent and received. It was not intended to be a
suggestion
| of the way to perform your desired task.
|

| --
| Hope this helps.
|
| Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
| services on a paid consulting basis.
|
| Doug Robbins - Word MVP
|
| "g collins" wrote in message
| OK - I did not literally send from the file menu in Word - the article
| referred to never mentions doing that. However, I did just try that
and
| basically it then wants me to fill in the email address and it has no
| option to
| merge the data file with the document. If I was going to do that, I'd
just
| send
| individual messages which is what I was trying to avoid - that and
sending
| it
| bcc. I've pretty much decided that this won't work and I'm trying
another
| software, but thanks for your help.
|

| "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message
| | That does not sound like the correct answer to the question. With
| documnet
| | open in Word, select Send from the File menu and complete the steps
that
| | then appear and see if the mail item so generated is sent.
| |
| | --
| | Hope this helps.
| |
| | Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
| | services on a paid consulting basis.
| |
| | Doug Robbins - Word MVP
| |
| | "g collins" wrote in message
| | Yes - I created the document, selected the email recipient from a
data
| | file
| | imported from excel file, basically followed through all the steps
| from
| | the
| | "Answer Box" article "Send email messages to a group using mail
merge
| in
| | Word",
| | and "sent" the email. It never arrived.
| |
| |
| |
| | "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in
message
| | | When you say a test email, do you mean using Send from the File
menu
| in
| | | Word?
| | |
| | | --
| | | Hope this helps.
| | |
| | | Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself
of
| my
| | | services on a paid consulting basis.
| | |
| | | Doug Robbins - Word MVP
| | |
| | | "g collins" wrote in message
| | | Thank you.
| | |
| | | I did do that and got the email option to reveal, created a
test
| | email,
| | | and made
| | | several attempts to send the message to myself. Unfortunately,
| never
| | | received
| | | it, so that's another issue that I need to resolve. Any
| suggestions as
| | | what I
| | | try next?
| | |