Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Restore Form Field in Customize Outline Number List

You don't have to delete everything in the "Number style" box if you know
which part is causing trouble. From your description, it should be
sufficient to delete the last number (which appears to have been typed in),
and reinsert it via the "Number format" box.

However, since you often cannot tell the difference between previous and
current level numbers (for example, this is the case with the "1, 1.1,
1.1.1" number format), it is usually easier to delete all numbers and
recreate them, whenever you run into trouble.

No matter what you decide to do, the general idea is the following: Add the
current level number by selecting it in the "Number style" box, and add
previous levels by selecting them in the list box for previous levels.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Matthew Pfluger" wrote in
message ...
One of my coworkers accidentally deleted one of the form fields in the
Customize Outline Numbered List -- Number Format text box, and I can't
figure out how to restore it. To elaborate, on Level 3, I started with
1.1.1, where represents a form field (auto-increment) for the
purpose of this post.

Now, the Level 3 Number Format is 1.1.1, and I cannot figure out how
restore it. I tried to Reset the number field and start over, but isn't
there a better way than having to delete all the styles?

Thanks,
Matthew Pfluger