Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Protected Style snad Mail Merge

Hi ?B?U2FyYWhfTGVjdHVyZXI=?=,

I have created a document template, locked the styles through Protect
Document, Formatting restrictions... now I cant mail merge when creating a
document based on this template. NEED TO DO THIS!!! Help please! I can
unprotect document - but do not want other users to be able to do this as
they will modify and add styles etc.

Word 2003, I assume...
I'm afraid that any kind of document protection is incompatible with mail
merge. Could you please describe in more detail how users should work with
this document? Will they be editing before or after the merge? (Or both) Is a
macro solution allowed?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org