Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Footer problems

Create the template and use an IF field for the disclaimer in the Footer.
The IF field needs to argue that the page number equals the Number of Pages,
True = Disclaimer, False = blank. The answer is only true for the final page
as that is the only time that the page = the number of pages. This works
regardless of the length of the Fax.

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } Disclaimer Text }

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"DianeVan" wrote in message
Word 2002
New job, new letterhead, office converting from WP.

I got the letterhead figured out OK by using 'different first page'. But
we often have multiple page FAX sheets which presents a different
problem..

If it's a one page fax, it needs a header and a footer. The footer is the
(long) caution paragraph. If there is more than one page, then we need a
header on the first page only and the footer only on the 2nd or last page.
I can't get this to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.