Word Heretic

G'day "Clement Chong" Clement ,

If you use VBA you can create the property as text and populate it
accordingly. From the GUI, Word outsmarts you :-(

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

"Clement Chong" Clement
reckoned:

I have a text form field with Regular Text as Type in my document.
It is linked to a custom property in the same document.
After I typed in a string of digits (e.g. 001234560) in the field and saved,
I viewed the custom property, the property type becomes Number and the zeroes
in front get truncated which is what I do not want as I need all the digits
for proper document identification.