Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura R

Default OFC 2003 opens slowly

Mark

One more thing that I did that helped open Word faster is on the link that
Anne had below. Go to My Computer, tools, folder options, view, and release
the hidden files. Do a search for normal.dot - looking in hidden files as
well. When the normal.dot file comes up, rename it abnormal.dot. Hope it
helps. I'm optimistic that my Word files will keep opening quickly
now...this has been really frustrating.

Laura

"Mark Buchanan" wrote:

Hi There,
I have a new PC with OFC 2003 basic and word, excel open slowly and take a
long time just to view the properties....I have repaired and reinstalled
office and to no avail....I have one template that is used but this is slow
on all M$ apps related files..
Any clues on where to dig ?

Thanks
Mark