bbb

Default Merge Madness

I am trying to use Word 2000 to merge an image from a GoldMine 6.5 dBASE
database. I have tried the suggestions given so far in this group and I have
had only partial success. What I have done so far is to store the path to an
image file for each contact in a user-defined field in GoldMine called
UIMAGE01 in this format:

E:\\images\\filename.gif

I have come up two syntax variations that seem to work to a point:

{INCLUDEPICTURE "{DDEAUTO GoldMine Data CONTACT2-UIMAGE01 \* CHARFORMAT}"
\* MERGEFORMAT}

{INCLUDEPICTURE "{DDEAUTO GoldMine Data CONTACT2-UIMAGE01 \* CHARFORMAT}"}

Note that the code inside the quotation marks returns the path to the image
file. My problem is that when I print the merge, the images do not appear.

While I was testing by merging a single contact to my screen, I noticed that
the image would appear for a split second and then disappear. I discovered I
could make the image reappear by clicking the undo icon on the toolbar. The
mouseover tooltip when I do this says "Undo VBA-Selection.Delete". As soon
as I undo VBA-Selection.Delete, the image reappears every time.

Has anyone seen this before?? I am not exactly new to IT but this one is
driving me nuts. Any help would be appreciated, I would be willing to
purchase a utility, but the only ones I have seen are a bit of an overkill
for what should be simple.

thanks, Bill
Please respond to the group, as my return email has been changed to protect
the innocent.