Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Default Footers-page numbers and text

Hi Sm

Smatthews wrote:
I have a document with several exhibits and attachments. I need the page
number and text to change with each new exhibit and to read "Page 1 Exhibit
A", etc. All the pages numbers read correctly, however I have one page where
the text mimics the section above, but the page number is correct and started
over at 1. I've made sure that it's not marked same as previous. Also the
footer above is labeled section 2 and the one below is labeled section 3.
How can I can section 3's text to be completely independent of section 2's?

If "Same as previous" is not ticked, then the footer _is_ independent to
the one in the preceding section. Do you have any fields in there that
pick up content automatically?

HTH
Robert
--