Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Single Window Envelope Letter

Fold a sheet of paper the way you will fold your printed letters. Insert it
in the envelope, from which you have removed any plastic window insert. Draw
a pencil line around the outline of the window. Remove the sheet of paper
and use a ruler to measure the position of the window on the sheet. Then use
paragraph formatting or a frame or text box to position the delivery address
there.

Then, as JoAnn says, save the resulting document as a template. For more on
letterhead templates in general, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"EglWolf" wrote in message
I am trying to compose a letter in word, that will allow me to fold the
letter, to display the contact details of the person who the letter is for
through the window in the envelope.

Is there a "template" or standard settings for format the layout of the
letter to allow this, or will I just have to do trial and error until I

can
get it right.

I am using a standard sheet of paper 8.5 x 11 and 4 1/8 inches x 9.5

inches
single window envelope from Office depot.