Greg Maxey

I don't think you can do that.

Why don't you just create AutoText for your various symbols? You can then
assign the AutoText entry to convient keyboard shortcut.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Snowfire_42 wrote:
As a student, I frequently use my laptop to take notes and write up
projects. Short cut keys are my best friend. When writing up science
reports I have to frequently use letters with a single dot above them
(for example V with a dot above it). I know that I can just create
the character in equation editor, but I was wondering if there is
some way that I can place the character in the symbol table and
assign a short cut key to it. I haven't had any luck finding if/how
to do this with Microsoft Help, so any suggestions would be much
appreciated.