Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Word 2007 Standard Help function won't run

Hi Larry,

From the Office button, choose Word Options. Select the "Resources" tab, then
use the "run Microsoft Diagnostics" tool. With a bit of luck, that will be able
to locate the problem. Note that you'll probably need your installation media.
(Unless this is a machine where the installation software is saved on your
disk, then Office should find it on its own.)

When I click on the little ? for help in Word 2007 I get a set-up error. I
click OK on that and get another set of messages:
CLView can't display Help
CLView cannot install the necessary files due to Windows installer error 33.
the process cannot access the file because another process has locked a
portion of the file.

Click OK on that and it says there are no help topics to match your request.

Help works OK in Excel and PowerPoint

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org