Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

Default Exclamation mark appears on saved document logo

If it's not 2007, it could be some kind of versioning system
(subversion, cvs). They commonly update icons indicating the status of
your file in the versioned system.

Yves

On 17 okt, 20:41, Jenny wrote:
Thank you. I believe it was a 2003 document since I do not have 2007 on
either of my computers. Now, green checkmarks are appearing on some documents
logos. I have never seen this before, either. What are they? Are there any
other mysterious marks that are appearing? Incidentally, I couldn't make
either of the links in the email to me work in order to get back (by link) to
your message. I had to come to the site anew in order to read this. Thank you
for replying.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:39:01 -0700, Jenny
wrote:

I have never seen this before. What is the meaning of an exclamation point on
the logo that represents a saved Word 2003 document?

The exclamation mark indicates a macro-enabled Word 2007-format document
(*.docm) or template (*.dotm).

Are you sure it's from Word 2003, not 2007? Or maybe it's Word 2003 with the
Compatibility Pack, and you saved in 2007 format?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman