Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default open PDF then convert to WORD

WordPerfect does it, I believe, as well as MacOS.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Really? What are they? Very few applications (not produced by Adobe) I

have
come across have this available. The only one I have that will do so is
SnagIt 8. Though of course once you have Acrobat or a third party driver
such as that installed by SnagIt, you can produce PDF files from any
application you can print from.

Reading Acrobat files to successfully produce Word editable files is the
prerogative of very few OCR applications and OCR like conversion tools.

Ian R wrote:
"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
No. What's more, it is being taken out of Office 2007 and will be a
separate
add-in that registered users may download. (this is some stupid
quibble by Adobe).

Yes, incredible that almost every program I have has an option to
save/export to PDF.

Yet Adobe seem to take exception to MS doing this (albeit so late in
the game when other software has had this option for years!)

Must be due to historical bad blood between MS & Adobe?

Or could it be something to do with MS wanting to develope/promote
their own format to compete with/usurp PDF??

Hmmm.

Ian