Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MJ Schaer MJ Schaer is offline

Default New to Word2007

Is there any way to select table and figure captions so that only certain
words show up in the List of Tables and List of Figures rather than the
entire paragraph. I've tried changing the style to Linked (paragraph and
character--I don't even know what that is as Word's help is no help) to no
avail. After I generate a List of Figures and List of Tables I have to go
back in and delete the words "Table" and "Figure" from each line. (This is
so easy in WordPerfect. grumble, grumble, grumble)