Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Manage Styles window query

"Beth Melton" wrote:

No, it was TNR 10 pts until Word 2000. Then it was changed to TNR12. In Word
2007 it's Calibri 11 pts.

To verify the latter, right-click your Desktop and select New/Word Document.
If you recall this method bypasses the Normal template and uses the
application defaults.

I had to try it... On my machine at work, Word 2003 SP3, English UI, when I
do that (Desktop New Word) I get a Word document on the desktop, but I
have to double click on it to open it. When I do, I see that the font is
Arial 12, i.e. the same as my Normal style... not TNR 12, the application
default. What am I doing wrong?