Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Il Jan Il is offline

Default Show comments in balloons and no mark up or review pane

I am happy to have some place to start, and I believe all the replies here will help me with most if not all my issues. :-)

Is there any way to prevent the Review pane from popping on unless I click the Review pane tab on the Ribbon? I don't really need that to come up unless I want it. It seems to have a mind of it's own.

Jan

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message ...
Well, thanks to you too! I wasn't sure what the OP was trying to accomplish,
and you clarified it for me. Whether the OP is happy with the answers,
remains to be seen, of course. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
Thanks, I didn't know about track moves (Nearly all my work is still in
the
compatibility mode where track moves is not used) and forgot about track
formatting.

Pam

Stefan Blom wrote:
I believe the *display* options are user-specific. However, the "Track
formatting" and "Track moves" options seem to be saved with the document,
which should be helpful in this case.

You can get this to work for you. (Set insertion markup to none,
deletion
markup to hidden, and balloons to comments and formatting only. Also
clear
[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]

Jan