Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ktrash61

Default How can I remove active content in a Word 2003 document?

The ALT+F9 did work. It shows an INCLUDEPICTURE, MERGEFORMATINET, and mailto
items. I think the problem is with the INCLUDEPICTURE or MERGEFORMATINET. I
used the Email Newsletter template and added a mailto link and didn't have
the same problems.

Thanks so much for your help.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?S3RyYXNoNjE=?=,

I downloaded a template, School Newsletter, from Microsoft Office Online. I
changed some text, font colors, and added some hyperlinks. I saved the file
in Web Page format (.htm). I then uploaded the file to my ISP personal
webspace. IE tells me that this file has ActiveX controls. Because of this,
I can't use the send web page functionality to send my web page via Outlook.

How can I find the ActiveX controls in this document and remove them?

Open the document in Word then press Alt+F9 to toggle on the field codes
display. Do you see anything in { brackets }?

Or does this template contain any "data entry" fields, checkboxes or anything
that isn't "pure text"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org