Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default How can I remove active content in a Word 2003 document?

Hi ?B?S3RyYXNoNjE=?=,

The ALT+F9 did work. It shows an INCLUDEPICTURE, MERGEFORMATINET, and mailto
items. I think the problem is with the INCLUDEPICTURE or MERGEFORMATINET. I
used the Email Newsletter template and added a mailto link and didn't have
the same problems.

IncludePicture shouldn't be a problem. MergeformatINET is a switch in that field
that simply tells it how to store the filepath and formatting information. The
MailTo link is in a Hyperlink field, I'm guessing? That shouldn't be a problem,
either.

You could TRY copying everything except the last paragraph mark to a new document.
You'll have to recreate the margins, headers, footers, any newspaper columns
stuff... But if the problem is being triggered because the template USED to have
something like that in it, this procedure should clear it up.

I downloaded a template, School Newsletter, from Microsoft Office Online. I
changed some text, font colors, and added some hyperlinks. I saved the file
in Web Page format (.htm). I then uploaded the file to my ISP personal
webspace. IE tells me that this file has ActiveX controls. Because of this,
I can't use the send web page functionality to send my web page via Outlook.

How can I find the ActiveX controls in this document and remove them?

Open the document in Word then press Alt+F9 to toggle on the field codes
display. Do you see anything in { brackets }?

Or does this template contain any "data entry" fields, checkboxes or anything
that isn't "pure text"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)