Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Office 2003 and 2007 on same machine

Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:42:11 -0500 from Bob Flanagan
:
If you right click on an XLS file and select Properties, you can
change the Open association. Repeat for other file types as needed.

Thanks for replying, Bob, but this does not work. I go through
exactly the steps I would for a regular program, everything appears
fine, but when I click the last OK the association is still for the
Office 2007 version.

There's something about MS-Office programs that bypasses the usual
mechanism for file associations. You can see it also if you right-
click one of the Start menu entries and select Properties: instead of
showing a file path in the Target box it just says Microsoft Office
Professional Edition 2003 or similar.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...