Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Office 2003 and 2007 on same machine

I believe that the only reliable solution is to add the appropriate exe to
the Send To menu. Then you can right-click a file and choose Send To and
select the appropriate Word or Excel that you want to open.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:47:05 -0400 from Bernard Liengme
:
If you use Start -Word 2007 to open a file, then later you use
Start-Word
2003 there will a long and annoying pause while Office does some
reinstalling stuff. This is not a problem with the two versions of Excel

Thanks for replying, Bernard, but I'm not sure how that relates to my
problem. I have Word 2003 and 2007 plus Excel 2003 and 2007 on my
machine. When I double-click an .rtf or .doc or .xls file I want it
to open in the 2003 version.

Thanks!

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...