WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to remove dots between words in Word

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you remove those pesky dots between words in Word.

The dots you're referring to are most likely the "non-breaking spaces" that Word automatically inserts between words when there isn't enough space for the entire word on a line. These non-breaking spaces are meant to keep words together on the same line, but they can be annoying if you don't want them there.

Here's how to remove them:
  1. First, select the text where you want to remove the non-breaking spaces. You can do this by clicking and dragging your mouse over the text, or by pressing Ctrl+A to select all the text in the document.
  2. Next, press Ctrl+Shift+8 on your keyboard. This will show you all the non-printing characters in your document, including the non-breaking spaces.
  3. Look for the non-breaking spaces between the words. They will appear as a small dot between the words.
  4. To remove the non-breaking spaces, simply delete the dot between the words. You can do this by placing your cursor before the dot and pressing the Delete key on your keyboard.
  5. Once you've deleted all the non-breaking spaces, press Ctrl+Shift+8 again to hide the non-printing characters.

And that's it! Your document should now be free of those annoying dots between words.