Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Please help with duplex printing

Depending on what you need--Word has an Odd Page Section Break--this is
commonly used, for instance, at the beginning of a chapter to make sure
that every chapter starts on the right hand side when printed duplex. If
you have a lot of short segments that all all supposed to be
single-sided using an Odd Page Section Break before each one could
work. But if you have, say, a long section that is supposed to be
duplex and a long section that is supposed to be single-sided, that
won't work, as you cannot use a section break in the middle of a
sentence or paragraph.

Another method, slightly more manual---in the Print dialog, you can tell
Word to only print certain sections (see the Help topic "Print specific
pages and sections"). Again, depending on how your document is set up,
you should be able to send section 1 to the printer to print duplex,
then print sections 2-4 single-sided, and so forth. This would involve
using the Print dialog several times to print a single documents, but
would use less paper than the next option.

Failing those 2 possibilities, all I have to offer is: print the
document single-sided, insert blank pages as necessary, then run the
document through the copier duplex.

Joe wrote:
I have a financial statement document. There are section page breaks
included in the document for page numbers. There is also a page included
later in the document that doesn't have a page number, but the subsequent
pages do. Each page has a header and footer included. When we do final
copies for clients, some of the pages need to have printing on the front and
back, while other pages are only one sided. We have a printer that allows
printing on both sides. How can I set up this document to print only those
pages I want to print duplex while printing others single sided? Or would I
be better off making a copy of the document for duplex printing and insert
blank pages where I only want printing on one side?