Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Footer Link Not Converting to PDF

The reason is that the link is in the footer which is not in the text layer
of the document. If you put the link in a borderless text box over the
footer area on each page, but in the text layer of the document, and use the
Acrobat add-in, the links will work.

wrote:
Hello. I've searched the newsgroup but have not found an answer. I
have a large MS Word 2003 doc with a Back to Top of page link in the
footer. When converted to Adobe 8 the link does not work. I know I
can manually add a Create Link in Adobe but this document will be
added
to periodically, and since changes will have to be made in Word I
therefore cannot keep adding Create Link to each and every footer
every
time a change is made.

So, the question is, is there a way to get the footer Back to Top
link
to work in en masse, or am I stuck manually adding links one by one
each time
a new entry is made in the document? Thank you for your help.