Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Repeat the fields

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Is there any way to say that there are multiple "header" rows. I want
to be able to just use a merge field in the document and have it pull
it from any one of the header rows... For example:

Not in the same Mail Merge Main document (you could do it in different
mail merge main documents by specifying a named range that started with
the row you wanted to use)

My other idea was to just put all my "header rows" in one row... but
the maximum columns allowed only goes to IV which is only 230 columns
and I need upwards of 1000 which is why I originally thought I should
break it up into different "header rows."

Word MailMerge can't see more than 255 columns, even in Office 2007
where Excel can contain many more columns than that.

I can't help feeling that an approach that gets this complicated is the
wrong one, regardless of whatever standards you have to work within.
Because it's complicated, I always get the feeling that I simply haven't
understood what you are trying to achieve and why it has to be done this
way. I'll have another look when I can...

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Nit_Wit_400 wrote:
So I've tried my idea out, and alas, it doesn't work.

Is there any way to say that there are multiple "header" rows. I want
to be able to just use a merge field in the document and have it pull
it from any one of the header rows... For example:

A1 is Client 1's last name and it comes from the first "header
row" which refers to the information in column B
B1 is Client 2's last name and it comes from the second "header
row" which refers to the information in column C
so on and so forth.