Bill

Thanks for trying. It seems like I'm always trying to do something that
seems like it ought to be simple but isn't.
Bill

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ah, no, there is no way (short, possibly, of VBA) to add to the options on
the File | Send To menu in Word. But once you have saved the file, you can
use the right-click Send To in the File Open dialog, as you say. And yes,
you do have to have a full path to the desired folder. I use this, for
example, to send copies of frequently updated documents to a folder in one
of my Web sites.

"Bill" wrote in message
news
Suzanne,
Send To works to a point. It seems that one must put a complete path into
\documents and settings\username. It does not give you the opportunity to
select a path during the save process (which is what I want to do because

don't always want the files in the same location). Also, this only works
when you select the command Open then right click on a file name and

select
Send To. I think the only way you can affect changes to the File/Send To

is
through the tool bar customize feature and I can't figure how to include

this
kind of command there.
Thanks,
Bill

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Send To will work just fine. Usually all drives are already on the Send

menu, but if you don't find the one you want, create a shortcut to that
drive and put it in the Send To folder of Windows at (typically)
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\SENDTO

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bill" wrote in message
I want to keep a running copy of my work in Word 2003. After saving

my
document on my local drive, what is the quickest and easiest way to

save
it
again to either a floppy or network drive without (and this is the
important
part) changing the default drive. It looks like "Send To" might serve
this
purpose but I can't figure out how to put in or browse for a new

pathname.
Thanks, Bill